Saturday, April 15, 2006

Don't Sit Down, Stand Up!

I found a great story that I think can bring some much needed perspective to things. Many people will say known dissent in America will harm America or our troops or something. It has always sounded to me like some jingoist jango.
Read the story... Here.

"Ahmadinejad has forgotten why he won the presidential vote," one student tells the Associated Press. "The needy voted for him because he promised to bring bread to people's homes but nothing good has been done to improve living standards."
"Mr Ahmadinejad means well, but he's not experienced and this is just causing us problems," a former Revolutionary Guard turned taxi driver tells The Independent. "It's getting very dangerous."

Tell me how this makes you feel. For the less than totally cynical, Does it give you at least a little hope? Maybe there is a chance for a more sensible view to take hold?
This is the same thing they see overseas when we declaim the aims and goals of this President. We are the hope the rest of the world counts on. We are the thing that is actually saving this country, certainly not harming it! The thing that made things much worse is that the insanity was reelected. Thank God it was close. America needs a new face and needs it soon.
They have plenty of reason why they think we are unworthy. I saw a CNN piece on the Dixie Chicks and their new album tonight. Their new song is called "Not ready to make nice". I guess you can figure that one out. They let people call in with opinions. Of course one said they should still be shunned and hated because they still were saying bad things about our President. My response...How dare you!!!!$#@ You are trying to tell me that in AMERICA I can't speak out and have an opinion about my government! Bonehead, you and I ARE the government. Go back to civics class and come back when you get it figured out. I think it's time we put an end to this once and for all. We should no longer let anyone get away with this attitude in this country. We need to push every person that pushes it right back. Until we can get back to at least listening to everyone we will never solve this countries problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home