Sunday, November 06, 2005

(Non) Patriot Act

I sure wish we could fight this. I almost feel like we have lost it.

I've had people say, you know, 'Hey, I don't care, I've done nothing to be concerned about. You can have me in your files and that's that.' Some people take that approach."

Not Me!!!! What is it that is going to be considered "wrong" or not allowed in the future? When is some cabal going to decide to secretly get information that they need to eliminate all "undesirables"?

Even a far right winger like Bob Barr, whom I think I agree with on nothing else is in agreement on this.

Barr, the former congressman, said that "the abuse is in the power itself."
"As a conservative," he said, "I really resent an administration that calls itself conservative taking the position that the burden is on the citizen to show the government has abused power, and otherwise shut up and comply."


It has nothing to do with any Americans' definition of America. It's a dictionary definition of police state.

Main Entry: police stateFunction: noun: a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures

If people actually realized what was happening they would be appalled. Thank the "liberal media" for helping maintain the secret.

More on your nonright to privacy here.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Donkey said...

"If people actually realized what was happening they would be appalled".

In this time with internet, radio, newspapers there is no reason people should not know, unless they do not want to. There are many people that do not know, do not care, and do not care to know.

1:29 AM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See y'all in the prison camp cuz I won't stop reading Molly Ivins books/columns, protesting, etc. Power to the People!!
Peace!
P.S. I do feel sort of bad about the folks in my Yahoo address book who aren't speaking out against Bush as they will probably be investigated, too. McCarthyism is NOT dead, after all, it seems.

4:22 PM, November 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home