Sunday, April 24, 2005

Justice Sunday

In view of the "celebration" of "Justice Sunday" I thought it might be appropriate to review what is happening here. I think we ought to carefully look at the idea that our religious freedom is being stolen right before our very eyes. The radical republicans have begun a religious war. This in a land that in the past has cherished freedom of religion. It's time to get some common sense back into the national dialogue. Personally, I believe in God. To think that all of creation is just random stretches my own common sense. I however believe my faith is personal, between me and God. I don't insist on others agreeing and accept that freewill is absolutely necessary to something of such large proportions. Certainly we have to have morality in society. I think the golden rule pretty much covers it. I promise you, if you let these people go unchecked your freedom and liberty will be greatly diminished. Many will suddenly found "unacceptable" and who knows what happens at that point. Does God find some unacceptable? That depends on your religion! I think God is pure love and as such would love and want the best for all his children. So the question is now, what should we do as a society? Standard procedure should be to punish those that harm others. If you rape someone or knowingly give them a disease...Ok, I can see terms for punishment. To treat them as less than equal because they are gay or black or Christian or Jew or Moslem is unacceptable to a free society. Even people without a religion can be "people of faith" let alone all the various faiths that currently exist. The ones that think that they have a corner on "faith" seem to me to lack humility(1 : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive2 : reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission). In most religions that lack would violate it's principals. Don't be deceived by the phonies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home