Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Is Al Quaeda Just A bogeyman?

This story is one that arrived in my email. A taste:

Of course, the documentary does not doubt that an embittered, well-connected and wealthy Saudi man named Osama bin Laden helped finance various affinity groups of Islamist fanatics that have engaged in terror, including the 9/11 attacks. Nor does it challenge the notion that a terrifying version of fundamentalist Islam has led to gruesome spates of violence throughout the world. But the film, both more sober and more deeply provocative than Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11," directly challenges the conventional wisdom by making a powerful case that the Bush administration, led by a tight-knit cabal of Machiavellian neoconservatives, has seized upon the false image of a unified international terrorist threat to replace the expired Soviet empire in order to push a political agenda.

I would personally change the last line to read..."to push American imperialism". This is precisely the reason people in other countries disdain the U. S. There is no doubt that America does much good in the world and is a generous nation at heart. Unfortunately the benevolent measures we have taken have been diminished in the rest of the worlds eyes by our Imperialism, our(corporate) greed and our support of dictators and monarchies that did not have the best interests of its people at heart. This is why we face a threat.
I contend that this threat is less than the one that comes from within. We have dozens, maybe hundreds of gangs..non- aligned by the way..in American that have continued to kill in this country. Not one "terrorist" among them. We have had 2 judges that have been killed or members of their family killed in recent weeks. Tim McVeigh killed men, women and children in OKC. Pedophiles kidnapping and killing children. Not a "terrorist" among them. Stopping the carnage seems to me to be a case of more police and tougher sentences for serious crimes. Not global wars. To make room for them we need decriminalizing or alternative sentencing of less serious crimes that relate to personal preferences or choice. We've lived with terrorism since this country started, mostly from within. I'm personally shocked that Americans have been goaded to fear. It's disgusting. What happened to the home of the brave?

Matthew Chapter 7
3
And why do you look at the splinter in your brother's eye, and not notice the beam which is in your own eye?
4

Or how say to your brother, `Allow me to take the splinter out of your eye,' while the beam is in your own eye?
5

Hypocrite, first take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to remove the splinter from your brother's eye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dedanna said...

I will have to look it up, because I've lost it, but there's been some things come up in online news, that Tim McVeigh actually didn't do the OKC bombings, and that it was in itself a government-do and cover-up. I'll have to find it again and send it.

What happened to the home of the brave? George W. Bush Jr., who has turned us all into complete idiots. Seems our American public can't even think for itself any more, as it has the idea that GWB is the know-all, think-all, etc. We've become a dependent society on a dictator, instead of the free-thinking society that we once were, and are still supposed to be. It's all way too sad. It's sad for *us* (as opposed to U.S.), the people of the USA, as we have sacrificed everything; social security (which we have worked very hard for in our lives), police officers to make the *real* bogeymen go away from our streets, a federal surplus, a medical system, and ever so much more that we've sacrificed, for something that is just a farce. We've tolerated the degradation of our own country, our own society, and have blown off our own laws; our own standards. We allow anyone to come into the country, seems like, and want to let in more to have to support. I pity the U.S., and it has me extremely bitter (excuse me, this all affects people personally as well. It affects LIVES, individual ones), to see what I grew up in, and lived in, until just what, some 5 years ago, go to hell in a handbasket. The Bushwhacked, call me unpatriotic, for which it doesn't stand. I can take it. I know what I feel, and I know what I live, and I know what I've lived my whole life. Even you can't tell me that you live in a free society.

Need I say more?

Yes. There is ever so much more to say. Just wish I could pack it all into one post.

Re: Conspiracy theories. It's my own perception that "conspiracy theories" were once called Freedom of Speech (see a little something called "our constitution", which seems to have gone by the wayside in our own paranoia)?

Most think that Al Quaeda being just a bogeyman is a conspiracy theory. I never thought he existed from the get-go. I've always contended that he was a well-dreamt-up excuse for America to attempt to take over the world. And, I still don't think I'm wrong, unfortunately. For more *honestly* intelligent conversation, I refer you now to: "The Blogging of the President" at http://www.bopnews.com/.

Take good care, Ron. You say it all ever so much more eloquently, and much better than I ever could. At times, you appear to even say it better than bopnews. LOL.

7:30 PM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger Dedanna said...

As an afterthought, it's interesting that the very scripture that you've posted here, is the very scripture that I used to keep at my old site....

8:23 PM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Here you go (it's probably the story you were expecting though):

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/01/307597.shtml

OKC Bombshell Implicates Feds in Murrah Blast

9:38 PM, April 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home