Monday, March 28, 2005

Religious Diversity

A good example of why it's important to maintain freedom of religion.

Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge George Greer left his church last week after the pastor wrote him a letter suggesting "it might be easier for all of us" if he leave.
Greer, whose orders on the Terri Schiavo case have brought him criticism, is a Southern Baptist who attended Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater.


I guess they thought he should rule on the law of God and not the law of man. Wouldn't that be fun if all our "Judges" did that?
The God of my life loves me unconditionally. I guess the same can't be said of his church. That's not a church I would want to be a part of.
I read something a while back that said that people, in growing numbers, are picking a party first then the pricipals. I find that a scary thought. Hell, that's truly just a sales job. Unfortunately, that is the way I see people doing spirituality also. Pick a church before finding the principals. Shouldn't you be developing principals first? Otherwise isn't it just a cult? Sheeple. I'm all for your right to freedom of worship. Many have become better people through religion. I'm all for that. In large measure, here is my religion. Any chance I could hold a different view on spiritual matters and not be evil and destined for eternal damnation? Geez, no wonder this country is so divided.

....it is necessary to the happiness of man, that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. - Thomas Paine

1 Comments:

Blogger Dedanna said...

"It is curious to observe how the theory of what is called the Christian Church, sprung out of the tail of the heathen mythology."

Problem is, they don't believe it. I've found many an ancient religion that the Romans and Christians both were sent to "stamp out", that the Christian religion was itself based on...

8:00 PM, April 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home