Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fireable Offense

I often talk to Clinton haters who say..."What gets me is if I would have done what Clinton did I would be fired." Good enough...Now let's see what else one might get fired for.

Let's say I said "We have a severe threat to our company. As painful as it may be we must spend huge amounts of the shareholders money and cost some lives to insure the survival of the company". Then as it turns out I was far off the mark. Would I get away with blaming it on my staffers or would my job as the head of the company be at stake? What if this copious amount of money I spent helped lead to a huge debt for the company. Should I be reviered as a great leader? What if, during this time I decided to give a raise to my highest payed employees and key shareholders and a few peanuts to the others?( The top 1/5th of earners receive 2/3rds of all benefits and the bill excluded extending the child tax credit to 4 million low income families who do not qualify. Middle class earners will receive an average cut of $162 in 2005.
Source: Center on Budget and Policy Priorities 04.14.04 )
I said this was going to increase production and profits but it didn't. Should I be held blameless? Now let's say I said our new health care problem was going to cost X but later we find out I knew all along it would be 25% higher. Should we dismiss this lie because it wasn't under oath? Or maybe just blame the problem on underlings again?
I think you get the idea. And I could go on and on..maybe you would like to add a few of your own. The question is should I or would I keep my job? Why is it different now. All the rules have changed after 9/11. SOOOOOO convenient!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dedanna said...

The sad thing is, you're not fired after four years in 2004 by the public either, for starting a huge war which costs your company hundreds of billions of dollars, after four years of corrupt handling of your company!

Shows you where this country's public stands on standards and morals... (or doesn't).

6:33 AM, April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home