Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Timeline

I may add to this as I go along. I would just like to short and sweet why I favor a timeline like Kerry-Feingold layed out.
Iraqi constitution-timeline
Iraqi elections-timeline
Iraqi government-timeline
Yes ,they went over it a bit but they were under pressure to get it done and they did. Please remember Allawi was the inital President, Talabani was elected and now we have Mahdi. An unelected President..kinda like Saddam. People sorta, not really voted for him.

Regardless it is timelines these people react to. They must be forced to act. Otherwise I am sure they are fine with us doing all the work and spending our money. What the right is so worried will happen if we leave is already happening as noted here. We are in the middle of another countrys' fight. The fact is we must stand down before they can stand up. They will purge the Al Qaeda fighters and pronto. They will fight for their country.
Another point I bet many, including nearly all the "cut and run" crowers, know nothing about is this:

The Kerry-Feingold proposal would leave in Iraq US troops who are training Iraqi security forces, protecting American assets, or conducting ” targeted counter-terrorist operations.”

Yes, I know the plan lost but how could something so sensible be mocked and derided to the extent that it was. Radical Republicans. It's not about America or our troops for them, it's all about politics and trying to make themselves look more "patriotic" than the next guy. It's also about the corporate media that blows off the details and goes with soundbites and talking points.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dedanna said...

I think also that testosterone has a lot to do with it...

10:48 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Ron said...

Certainly right, but lets say misdirected testosterone. I have quite a bit of it my self by I get it out with loud powerful cars and hard rock music. not guns and death and angry aggression.

12:51 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Well, there are those who don't play nice y'know. lol.

It just boggles me how far that very thing can go, as in the case of those boys (and I say "boys" deliberately) who are in the current administration.

"We're big, we're bad, we're bold, so we're a-gonna blow up the world"

They must have had horrible sibling rivalry problems when they were children.

8:03 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Ron said...

They are insecure about there manhood and scared!

1:27 AM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home