Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Maggie Gyllenhaal

Click on the post title if you haven't heard the details on this yet.

It's so predictable that the narrow minded cretins would knee jerk the anti-american, hate America first phrase. This points to a basic difference between conservative thought and liberal thought. Liberals look at the big picture. Conservatives have no peripheral vision. Let's relate this to the most basic of levels. If one encounters a serious problem in life does one just say "I'm always right..it's all their fault" Or does one say "Gee I have a problem, why did this happen? What might I have done to cause this?" It's all about an out of control ego or a person that will take stand up responsibility. Funny how the "we're not at fault at all" comes usually from the ones harping about "personal responsibility". It is quite sickening to most to deal with someone who thinks they never make a mistake or do anything wrong. Like the people who think their children are just the perfect little angels. Or the guy at the office who always passes the buck on the screw ups...always feeling sorry for himself. Nobody wants to be around him/her. Were the terrorists justified in doing what they did. Hell No! But introspection, in my book, is a virtue. So is accepting some responsibility. It's what real men do. You can't expect the small brains to understand this concept though. Blow your "Hate America first" idiocy all you want. You don't have a corner on patriotism or loving your country. You are just showing your egotistical dimwitted ass.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Oh my, Fish my buddy, such a narrow view. Thanks for proving my point. You post is PERFECT. Usually the example comes first but thats ok. Wouldn't it be nice if it was that simple. That black and white. Thank you for allowing me to expose you to the truth. While I am sure there are a few people that are just "native" to that mind set. Just like we have Aryan Resistance and Symboniese liberation army. They are not the majority. The moslem population could keep them under control to some extent. Just like we do our fanaticals.The only way they can grow is if they seem a better alternative to whatever they are fighting. One thing Bush is right about is that these people by in large want Democracy. At least to the point of being able to have a government of their choosing that reflects the life they want to live. Dictators, Military Juntas and Monarchs are not what they want. However we have a life time of working with, supporting and just these people that are suppressing them. I'm not trying to give you some whacky left wing blather here. I ask you for a moment to PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES. If you look at it from their viewpoint this is what they are seeing.I know, it's a skill, only some people have it, it's called empathy.We have done things to make them think we are the enemy, wheather we are or not.The goal should be to change that perception. How do you think we might be able to do that Fish?

11:59 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Ron said...

I'm sorry I can't focus your dark mind on how those people get power in the first place and how we can ultimately defeat it without resorting to the worst kind of hell. Please feel free to live in your personal hell. I remain committed to the light.

5:12 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Ron said...

Oh but my friend I have considered them. I again reference the orginal post. You continue to describe it perfectly. It's not that I feel superior in my view point. I just think we are going to have to agree we disagree. We both are convinced we have solid reasons for feeling the way we do. So it's a free country man.At least it's suppose to be. I don't want to live in your world and you don't want to live in mine. I'm ok with that ...how about you.

1:10 AM, April 29, 2005  
Blogger Jim said...

I can't remember whether it was Friedman or "Anonomous" (Imperial Hubris) who defines "jihad" as a war of defense.

Whichever it was says that the three things an Arab loves most are his land, his fellow tribesmen, and his religion (not necessarily in that order). When the US continued to station troops in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm, at or near the most holy of Islamic sites, Arabs felt that all three of the things they loved were under attack. Therefore, a war of defense was declared.

This doesn't mean that there aren't "nuts" among the jihadists who kill simply to kill infidels. There are always extremists who lust for the smell of blood.

What I'm saying is that America and other countries CAN be blamed for the genesis of this "jihad" (rightly or wrongly). The leaders and the nut squads don't want to convert us; they simply want to kill. They kill more of their fellow Muslims in Iraq (I won't touch that subject further here)than Americans. I believe the average Muslim and probably the bulk of the "jihadist" ranks don't want to convert anyone to their religion. They just want them out of their holy lands, to stop supporting dictators, and find justice for the Palestinians (no further discussion here on that subject either).

My two cents.

2:33 PM, April 29, 2005  
Blogger Dedanna said...

In other words, all these "terrorists" and "jihads" etc. want, is for other countries like ones such as... oh, say,,,,,, AMERICA, ENGLAND, etc. to stay the hell out of their business... it is their business, their religion, etc., their way of life, after all... and has nothing to do with ours, (or at least, we shouldn't be making out like it is)...

7:41 AM, May 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home