Sunday, October 28, 2007

Your Country? My Country? Our Country?


The country is so divided right now there are a number of secessionist movements going on. You can read about it here. Their are a lot of people who are not happy. I think it is a good topic for conversation. Frankly if the policy is no habeus corpus, warrantless wiretaps, torture el al are going to be the policy I am ready to succeed. In view of that I have divided the country, respecting as much as possible political views and geographical unity:



People that want to live in George Bush, Tom DeLay, Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh world get:


Texas

Arkansas

Louisiana

Oklahoma

Kansas

Mississippi

Alabama

Tennessee

Kentucky

Florida

Georgia

N.Carolina

S.Carolina

West Virginia

Virginia

Utah

Wyoming

Montana

N.Dakota

S. Dakota

Nebraska

Indiana

Michigan

Ohio

Alaska


People that want to live in Ted Kennedy, Russ Feingold, Keith Olberman, Randi Rhodes world would get:

Maryland

Delaware

Pennsylvania

New Jersey

Connecticut

Rhode Island

Massachusetts

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Washington

Idaho

Oregon

California

Arizona

Nevada

New Mexico

Colorado

Illinois

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Iowa

Missouri

Hawaii


This would give each sea and earth, rural and suburban.


Well, if this is what you want to do this is my proposal. Either that or we can have a national conversation on what this country is and what it should stand for. That is the root of our political dilemma.

I would suggest the latter but as I said if you want to do what is being done to our country now I want no part of it. I am that adamant.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, can we move North Carolina down to the second group please. It is a very transient state and probably will soon have more transplants from the north than people actually born in the state. It on the fast track to blue!

8:57 PM, October 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if you want to live in a place where you don't want to hear from any of these extremist? I am a MODERATE Republican, pro-choice, pro troops but believe they should come home ASAP. However, I do believe in the death penalty, esp. when it involves crimes against kids. I dont believe in same sex marriage but do think they should get equal civil rights. Cant stand the Kennedys or Rush. Or Adair, Foley and their ilk.
Guess I just wont vote. What to do, it seems hopeless.

2:17 AM, October 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous, I consider myself to be a little like you, except I'm a moderate democrat. I think our only difference is I don't believe in the death penalty and just don't care if gays want to get married (marriage lost what it is really about decades ago). There's a lot of things that aren't right for me, but I don't feel that I (or any politician) have the right to make certain decisions regarding other peoples lives. I really wish political parties did not exist.

3:40 AM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Ron said...

Anonymous, actually although we don't label ourselves the same, much of what you said is quite similar to my viewpoint. I don't think most of us are so far off we couldn't tolerate each other. The problem is we are steeped in what I call personality politics. It's always about people not ideas. This is the Rush Limbaugh model of political debate. An entire generation has grown up knowing nothing different. Hopefully this method of not solving our problems will fade soon. I'm actually a Teddy Roosevelt populist. I call myself a democrat because the republicans couldn't get much farther from it. The Dems aren't doing so hot right now either.

Rochelle, I have heard many good things about North Carolina and even thought about it myself once. The thing is if we move one to the second category we have to move one to the first category. Considering SOUTH Carolina is next to North Carolina maybe it would just be a nice place to visit.:-)

12:25 AM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Yeah, I've noticed that there's like, maybe a handful of people that live in ND and SD that want to live in GWB land. That needs to move down as well. True, Grand Forks is a strong military community, but red? Naaahh.

9:51 PM, December 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home