Sunday, December 25, 2005

Sunday Editorial


My Home


Santa: My Christmas wish,

Santa, I just want my country back. My country that used to HAVE values and morals, not just talk about them. The country that would proudly take the high road. A survey showed that Pakistani respect for America had risen recently. Was it because of our might and fearsome power?...no, it was after they saw Americans come to help them in the aftermath of the earthquake. That is the America I want the world to see. My country needs leaders who will support open, transparent government. Leaders that will do what is needed to present the secure, sensible and thriving America that most Americans want to see. The America that is unafraid of the high road.

My country needs brave Americans. We call our selves the land of the free and the home of the brave yet in reality when our way of life is at stake we ask only the troops to take on the dangerous ground of freedom. Are you willing to give your life in the cause of freedom?(Patrick Henry: I know not what course others may choose but as for me, Give me liberty or give me death ). Then don't let them take my country away!! Don't let them bribe you with fear. Defy the terrorists! Preserve your freedom!

Give me back a diverse, energetic and positive country. With positive goals, like alternative energy, health care that is affordable and a flexibility in the job market that will provide jobs for all kinds of talents and abilities. A nation that knows preservation of our environment is necessary for health and for us to thrive as a nation. ..A nation that is less dependent on foreign nations rather that more and more dependent. .....A nation that is a leader, and not in just health care expenses.

If I'm to have my country back it will involve a party that truly works for the people. Most all of the people and small business owners that I see driving the streets of Roswell everyday. The private farmer(family), the guys and gals trying to hold out against walmart and home depot, the city worker, the people with medical problems, you know ....US!!! There is no talk of those people now. All taxpayers, all good working Americans. Only more bigness. Lets help the littles and tell the bigs they should be able to take care of themselves now.......That America.


Please Santa while you're here take some things with you too. Take the people that think decisions in our country should be made like a football game. Either the red or the blue until the meteor hits. Consensus is how our country has always moved forward and if we can agree that American Values(I' m talking on the Macro level not the Micro level), at home and abroad need a thorough hashing out I think everyone will be suprized at how quick we can come to an overall, in large, consensus. Then we could just dispense with about 40% of this nonsense. Santa, it's our national identity I'm talking about. It's been lost in all the subterfuge. I'll take our national idenity and let you have all the "football" political thinkers. Let them ride in on the meteor please. I don't want them to miss it.

May the spirit of Peace and Goodwill toward men overwhelm you....Merry Christmas!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think there is any difference between the King James translation, which says "peace on earth, good will toward men" and the revised which says "Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom he is pleased!"?

Which translation is the best one?

3:06 PM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Ron said...

I have no idea and that is why I'm not "biblically centered". It would seem to me that God would want peace on earth for all men.

6:55 PM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger The Donkey said...

Interesting, you include biblical phrases in your post and a bible link on your blog.

The Donkey came across this article:

From the Middlebury, VT newspaper --- and please read it.

Letter to Santa
All I want for Christmas is the USA I used to know
Dear Santa,
It�s been over 50 years years since I wrote you. I imagine you know
about my being a Marine in Vietnam and my two divorces, but I have tried
to be good.
I know you're busy with all the kids, but, Santa, I'm feeling too old
to be this sad at Christmas. Can you help my country be what I thought
it was when I was a kid? I want America to be good, not just strong. I
want telling the truth to be really important. I want us to respect our
friends and our enemies. I want us not to torture people even if
they've hurt us. I want us to be safe because people like us, not because
they�re afraid of us.
I know I said I didn�t believe in you, Santa, but I don't know what
to believe anymore. Please bring these things for Christmas; I don't
know where else to turn.
Cliff Adams
Bristol, Vt.

http://www.addisonindependent.com/

The Donkey is not so sentimental about how bright and shiny the America of yesteryear was. The Donkey does believe this Republic is the best chance the world has of having liberty and justice. The Donkey swore an oath to protect the Constituton of the USA, as did Bush. Some honor thier promises.

11:23 PM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Ron said...

I try to use things people can relate to so I use popular religious references. The bible is a good book and worth being able to reference.

11:57 PM, December 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Donkey, America was never as altruistic as she was painted in children's history books or patriotic songs, but we DID end two world wars -- one of which, at least, we needed to end. As super-powers go, we were above the curve. Not any more. Vietnam was a bad war, but the INTENT by the leaders in that war was not the same as it was in this one. And, I do not believe either the president or the vice-president or their families profited from it financially. The whole world was not against us then.

However "good" we were before, we have defintely gone to hell under this bunch. Which is why even the honorable military leaders are appalled.

Lonna

8:12 AM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home