Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Governator

This actually makes sense to me:

With segments of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's political base rising in revolt, directors of the California Republican Party have demanded a private meeting with the governor to complain about the hiring of a Democratic operative as his chief of staff. The request comes as Schwarzenegger faces a sustained wave of opposition from both moderate and conservative Republicans over the choice of Susan P. Kennedy. Before serving as a state public utility commissioner, Kennedy was Cabinet secretary to former Gov. Gray Davis. She also was an abortion-rights activist and former Democratic Party executive. In appointing Kennedy last week, the governor praised her as an effective administrator who could "implement my vision" and work cooperatively with Democrats who control the Legislature.

If it is someone who will deal with him she certainly seems fit to deal with the Democratic Legislature. I understand why the Republicans might not like it but you know it could just work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Arnold, I think he should give clemency to Stanley Tooks (sp?) and not the death penalty. This guy has been up for Nobel peace prizes for his anti-gang work, for goodness sake. True, he founded the Cripps, but he seems to have reformed. What does this say to these gangbangers-that it makes no difference if you try to turn your life around cuz they're gonna kill you anyway. Where's the justice in killing someone like him or
Karla Faye Tucker who became a Christian and was doing good work when The Bu$hrat refused to change her death sentence to life imprisonment? It's not right, Christian, or even logical to kill people after they reform, esp. if they are succeeding in helping others to lead better lives.

5:40 PM, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that Stanley "Tooky" Williams. Doesn't anyone else have an opinion? Arnold has decide by midnight whether to terminate this guy. Something tells me that he will spend more than 15 minutes reviewing the case.

1:30 PM, December 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, did Ron bring this up on the show today because I brought it up on the blog, because he thought it would generate calls, or because he knew it would motivate ME to call the show again? Hmm. I was taking a break-have a good reason for not wanting to be politically controversial in public for a while(Thanks so much for "outing me" on the show, Ron!) that has nothing to do with Ron or the show.
Anyway, I did get pretty confrontational, so sorry, Ron. I do have mixed feelings about the death penalty and feel that he could continue to work against the gangs if he was in prison for life instead of dead, plus there is the inequality for minorities who get the death penalty.

12:55 PM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Ron said...

you are welcome to oppose and debate me all you want, I don't hold that against you..I don't expect people to always agree with me. I am not God. Repeat, I am not God. Follow what makes sense to you. That's what I'm doing. I relish in diversity in all ways. Sameness is boring and dangerous and, as a race, ultimately deadly.

9:40 PM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home