Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Vacuum That Is Right Wing Thought



More from the misnamed Christian Coalition:
The president-elect of the Christian Coalition of America, which has long served as a model for activism for the religious right, has stepped down, saying the group resisted his efforts to broaden its agenda to include reducing poverty and fighting global warming......Dr. Hunter said, "When we really got down to it, they said: This just isn't for us. It won't speak to our base, so we just can't go there."....He said that many evangelical leaders hewed to narrow moral issues because they were deathly afraid of being labeled a liberal by other Christians, the media, talk radio.
Although I still adhere to most of principals that would be considered Christian these people have driven me from the faith. I now call myself simply spiritual. If they have done the same to other people I would guess that Jesus will have some special words for them. They aren't a religious organization they are a political organization. Jesus spoke of caring for the poor and treating the least among us as himself. Many, many, many, many times. If they can't support and act on that they are seriously misguided. If they find something offensive in caring for Gods creation(earth) then they are seriously misguided. The fact that you see them condemning most of the time instead of leading people by love also doesn't fit my idea of Christianity. The fact that they are afraid of being labeled as liberal creates the best impression of liberals that I can imagine.

Newt the cowardly Nazi:
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich yesterday said the country will be forced to reexamine freedom of speech to meet the threat of terrorism. Gingrich, speaking at a Manchester awards banquet, said a "different set of rules" may be needed to reduce terrorists' ability to use the Internet and free speech to recruit and get out their message. "We need to get ahead of the curve before we actually lose a city, which I think could happen in the next decade," said Gingrich...
Fear, Fear, Fear...People want to kill you! Sorry Newty but mom and dad taught me that nothing comes without hard work and risk is a necessary element. They also told me victory at the cost of my morals and standards was not victory at all but an unfullfilling abandonment of all that one lives for. We can't stop them from using the internet! We, maybe much to his surprise, dont' control the world. So what would happen is we would only be eliminating the freedom of Americans. I'm sure that doesn't bother him much. That these people that live in the most powerful country in the world are so amazingly fearful of a relatively few loosely organized evil characters shows you...and them..how cowardly they are and how easy it is to get them to give up their principals. Could we lose a city. Sure it is possible. Would it be the end of America and all it stands for? Nope, no way. Is there OTHER things we could do short of giving up our freedoms like the same Newtish nutcases say the terrorists want us to do? He and his kind are the ones giving in to the terrorists and making them larger than life, not the dreaded liberals.

Rush the deciever says:
"[W]ell, let's just have them. Let's just have the civil wars ... because I'm just fed up with this." Limbaugh then asserted: "Fine, just blow the place up. Just let these natural forces take place over there instead of trying to stop them." Additionally, Limbaugh claimed: "[E]verbody comes to us. ... So we go and try to fix it and our own people, Democrats and the left in our country do their best to sabotage our efforts, and then we get blamed for trying to clean up the messes that these people start."
OK, to a point I agree. Let them settle it themselves. They will never accept a western solution anyway. However, nobody asked us to "fix" "it". That is all a superman/authoritarian fantasy that El Rushbo and the Reich wing have created in there own mind. Secondly the Democrats and the left have nothing to do with the miserable failure that the party of personal responsibilty is. The decider is the decider and he hasn't listened to anyone to the right of Dick Cheney since 9/11. Sure they are increasingly going to try to shift the blame but hell you would think they would at least wait until January when somebody else at least has a say or a little power to influence the outcome.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, regardless how much Newt actually believes what he says and whatever the angles, he and his pimps are still playing the fascist game.

Larry in New Mexico

12:57 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Ron said...

Larry, what one must understand is that when the radical right talks about freedom they mean freedom to make a buck. When they speak of keeping government off their backs they mean when making a buck. Nothing else is important to them.

10:56 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Ron, I don't have anywhere else to put this. You're not responding to emails, so here goes:

1) I need to find out if you've found a host for your podcast -- see here.

2) I have found a job, regardless of your lack of response in email. I'm starting here on Dec. 10 for the graveyard shift, with plans to transfer to an international office a.s.a.p.

Needed to let you know these things --

Also, my primary email address will not be going down -- the one I sent out an email about the other day.

Take care.

9:46 AM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Dedanna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:46 AM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Ron said...

Sorry for not responding to emails. Being someone who lives away from every single person I am close to and a job that takes some time I get behind on a regular basis. I don't think that would be enough space in the long run. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay. I just don't want to do it before I get past christmas and see how the finances are. Major congrats on the new job! I hope you get the transfer you wish. I would love to go to england myself. I keep London as one of my temp. watches on my homepages. Seems a little cool but quite bearable. I certainly would be an enlightening experience at the least. I would be very anxious to get your thoughts on life there if you get over there. Good Luck!

12:44 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Thanks!

What if that 33 Mbs directed to more space? i.e., use what you need to of the 33 mbs, and link up to more? Would that work?

7:21 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Dedanna said...

God, this new popup way of posting here is well, strange.

7:21 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Ron said...

Maybe, I would want to save some on the server for a while.
Don't like the pop up? I think it makes it better because you can refer to the post if you want to make a point about it. Tabbed browsing. I love it!:-)

2:09 AM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Dedanna said...

I love tabbed browsing too; however, it's not opening in tabs, it's opening in a new little popup window, and I'm set to open links in tabs...

Think about the server thing for a while. Let me know what you want to do --

7:56 AM, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home