Monday, September 19, 2005

Lots Of Unamericans

From the CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll:

Just 41 percent of the 818 adults polled between Friday and Monday said they approved of Bush's handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, while 57 percent disapproved.
And support for his management of the war in Iraq has dropped to 32 percent, with 67 percent telling pollsters they disapproved of how Bush is prosecuting the conflict...

Fifty-nine percent said they considered the 2003 invasion of Iraq a mistake. That figure is the highest recorded in a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.
Only 39 percent said the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do. Sixty-three percent said they wanted to see some or all U.S. troops withdrawn from that country.
Just 35 percent of those polled approved of Bush's handling of the economy, with 63 percent saying they disapproved.
Bush's overall job approval number was 40 percent, with 58 percent of those surveyed telling pollsters they disapproved of his performance in office. It is the second time his approval rating has hit that low a mark.....

Fifty-four percent told pollsters they would cut spending for the war in Iraq to pay for disaster relief.
Thirty percent favored a full U.S. withdrawal from Iraq and slightly more -- 33 percent -- said they would support a partial withdrawal.


Are we cheering the failure of our pResident? No, he failed us a long time ago. We are cheering the fact that more and more Americans are finally seeing through the mighty propaganda machine. Remember if you criticize our president during a time of war you are unamerican. I guess a majority of Americans are now unamerican. Hopefully we can now put the end to that silly dribble.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the problem is that we are in Iraq and he is our president so unless you plan on impeaching him all you are doing is weakining any chance we might have of success in Iraq.

I felt the same way about Clinton when he was president but you know what he was my president, I was against impeachment (it was nothing but a political stunt)and pretty much kept my mouth shut during his second term. Here is a little story to show you what I am talking about I was vacationing in Ireland and we were at pub and a bunch of locals were talking about Clinton and how much they loved him( he had recently visted the area we we in) and what a great president they thought he was...a friend of mine challenged them and got into a pretty heated arguement about Clinton. Well anyway I kept my mouth shut and after ward I got in an arguement with my friend because I thought it was innapropriate to slam our president in another country. my point is I am an american we elected Clinton and he was my president. no matter how much i disagreed with him.

I just think that you guys hate Bush so much that you can't see that what you are doing is making it harder for him to achieve success in iraq. wheteher you like it or not he is or president and unless he committs an impeachable offense (which he has not because trust me the dems and bloggers are looking) there is little you can do about it and in a time of war to criticize him is not unamerican but it certainly does not help matters.

if anybody responds to this take it easy on me this is just my opinion I understand that answering a poll isn't the same as activly protesting the president but if I were ever called by a pollester I wouldn't answer any questions because I don't trust them. Anywho I just think there are times to protest (impeachable offense) and there are times to support and there are times just to sit quietly.


Mark

5:45 AM, September 20, 2005  
Blogger The Donkey said...

Mark,

I am sure you can enlist and tell the Iraqis this story. Join up, so one of our troops can come home. I am sure everyone in Iraq will welcome your veiws.

10:18 PM, September 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

donkey that arguement gets tired if you can support the troops by hoping the mission fails then i can cartainly support the troops without having to actually fight.

Mark

6:10 AM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Come on, Donkey, how many times have you been told just what Mark said here?

Yes, for once, I'm in agreement on this one.

Enlist should be retired from your vocabulary, as of... oh, a month or two ago...

6:25 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Ron said...

Mark, In case you haven't been reading lately we have opened up the country to a civil war which is currently in progress(iraq). Which side do you want to win and why? I'll be frank with you. I have no idea. I just know that I don't want our guys and gals in the middle of it. There is no chance of success until THEY settle THEIR differences. That is up to them.

I think it is unamerican to oppose dissent or freedom of speech in this country..that is just my opinion.

10:23 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger The Donkey said...

The Donkey hopes Mark and the game can go over there and make this mission a huge success. Where did you ever see the Donkey post a wish for failure?

The Donkey will keep asking why they are not enlisted until they quit avoiding the question. Why are they too good for the military?

You may tire of hearing the word enlist, The Donkey tires of hearing of Americans being blown up. The Donkey tires of cowards that want other people to kill and die for his freedom. The soldiers of tired of this war. Your discomfort does not compare to theirs.
I am sure many troops would be able to come back if more chickhawks would enlist. If you love this war, go support Bush, and let some soldier come home.
The Donkey would like nothing better to see his friends and family home.

11:04 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger BeWitchingWizard said...

And for all of your information, now with the evacatuation of "Rita" The Red Cross will NOT and we Repeat WILL NOT accept animals in their shelters , Its their standard Policy, Well then if thats how much compassion they don't have for pets think what do they think of people????
Donate to a charity you trust.
And its certainly not the Red Cross!!!!
The Maniacs

5:28 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Got that right --

7:29 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Dedanna said...

Mark said...

all you are doing is weakining any chance we might have of success in Iraq.

Just curious Mark, what would you call "success" in Iraq? What makes an illegal, all-for-oil war a success? Maybe if we get the oil it would be a success? Do you like seeing so many die for it?

7:35 AM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home