Thursday, January 31, 2008

Support The Troops?

I have heard one of those radical right bumper stickers pop up again. Just when I thought it was dead and buried. I am sure you have heard it. When defending the occupation they grasp at straws and say “Well we haven't been attacked since 9-11”. WHAT!? WHAT THE HELL!
What kind of mind numbingly narrowminded warmonger bullshit artist do you have to be to say something like that? It appears to me that America is being attacked everyday and Americans are dying everyday. We are being attacked far more than ever and have far more people that are willing and want to attack us. Of course the people that spew the we aren't being attacked line are the ones that try to demonstrate their jingoist piety and try to smear the other side with one of their other bumper sticker lines “support the troops”. It's things like this that make me wretch in disgust at the deadly clowns on the radical right. It is why I can have no respect whatsoever for them or their pronouncements. Just what do they believe in and will it change when we have a different president? History say yes. They have no core and no care about anything but building up their own chest puffing false pride and phony superiority. The same thing has happened to me when it comes to the evangelical so called Christians. I would never want to be a part of their religion. I find their hypocrisy and false piety stomach turning. If you want to honor Jesus be a blessed peacemaker for they will be called the sons of God. If you want to support our troops then don't forget them and the lives they have sacrificed and the attacks that they face everyday of their life....however long that life lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home